New scandal breaks out over Apple! Core Wireless filed a lawsuit against Apple, accusing it of violating six of its patents. The representatives of the company inform about possessing more than 2000 patents 6 of which been illegally used by Apple for several products including iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air.
Thus the list of controversial technologies includes the following:
- Patent №8713476 «computing device with improved user interface applications."
- Patent №7693552 «Device for text messages."
- Patent №8434020 «computing device with improved user interface applications."
- Patent №7072667 «location services for mobile communications network."
- Patent №8498671 «The mobile telephony displaying user-selected content that is updated during the downtime."
- Patent №5907823 «Method and circuit for adjusting the level or dynamic range of the audio signal."
The lawsuit was filed and sent to Texas including the above-mentioned six patents.
The Luxembourg-based company requires to impose Apple obligation to pay fee for each copy sold device including those which are still going to be produced.
There are also some rumours about Core Wireless operating the Canadian company Mosaid Technologies which signed a deal with Microsoft and Nokia giving them the right to its 2000 patents and patent applications.